: Scientist/ Sr. Scientist, Molecular BiologyLocation
: San Francisco, CA
SciPro is exclusively partnered with an Oncology Biotech in the Bay Area changing the way we approach cancer treatment. Their mission is to tailor specific treatments depending on the genotype of the patient. They are currently partnered with 15 of the top names in cancer research to apply their innovative method.
Our client is looking to being on an experinced, motivated, and creative scientist to run their programs and expand the capabilities of the technology platform. They are searching for someone who has a passion for molecular biology, scientist development, and exploration. You will indepentely run your own projects, so autonomy is key. Additionaly, this is a highly collaborative posisiton as you will have shared goals with other departments in the R&D team. This a unique opportunity to have a significant impact in an exciting and innovative Oncolgoy organization.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, or a related field + 3 years of additional experience in molecular biology (required)
- Deep understanding of DNA Barcoding and nucleic acid binding/interactions (e.x. DNA extraction, purification, synthesis, amplification, detection, etc.)
- Extensive experience with independently designing, running, and intrepeing experiments
- Experienced in developing and applying custom molecular biology assays, medium- to high-throughput methods, and next-generation sequencing platforms
- Experience with PCR and extensive hands-on experience with PCR design, optimization, and troubleshooting
This position is a top priority for the company, interested parties should apply immediately for a confidential conversation.