LabOverviewGet a job you'll LOVE!
National Beef of Liberal, Kansas is seeking a qualified professional to fill the positions of 2nd Shift Microbiology/Pathogens Laboratory Technician. With competitive pay and benefits, stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, National Beef could become your next career move!
To be considered for this position, we ask that you attach a resume.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Employ a broad range of microbiological techniques to obtain valid data to be distributed to plant management for use in the production decision making process
- Responsible for insuring the quality and accuracy of results obtained in the laboratory.
- Required to provide information to FSC Management regarding the adequacy of equipment and facility resources to complete the job.
- Professionally represent the laboratory department to visitors, Corporate, management, internal and external candidates (production)
- Flexible in daily schedules and cross training functions of the lab
- Become an extra set of eyes for the lab team
- Additional duties as assigned by Laboratory manager
- Must Be a TEAM Player
All responsibilities and job tasks must be performed in a manner consistent with the Core Values and Vision of National Beef.QualificationsQualified Candidates will posses the following:
- Good written/oral communication skills in English
- Self Starter
- Team Player
- Ability to handle multi-tasking - not afraid to get dirty
- Excellent organizational skills- Time management skills a must
- Previous laboratory experience or Science related course work preferred
- Must provide credentials/college completed science course work
- Excellent customer service skills with all levels - Upper management, Vendors and production employees
- Must possess computer skills in excel, word, Microsoft Works and Microsoft Access; Computer usage daily
- Flexibility in shift work
- Saturdays and Sundays as scheduled
- Must be willing to be cross trained in many facets of laboratory work
National Beef is a leader in producing fresh, chilled and further processed beef products for customers in the U.S. and worldwide. We offer a variety of employment opportunities in our production, packaging, and hide tanning facilities that stretch from the western plains to the east coast. We strive to be the preferred employer in every one of those communities, whether it's measured by the number of people employed or the good we do in the area. We invite you to join our family, wherever you call home.
National Beef is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, natural origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, or status as a disabled individual.