GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT LOGISTEC GULF COAST
We are the provider of choice for safe, sustainable and creative solutions in the marine and environmental sectors. We are truly committed to finding and supporting the best talent. We are now looking to fill a Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
position located at our Palmetto, Florida location. At Logistec Gulf Coast our core values are:RELIABILITY IMAGINATION GOING BEYOND SUSTAINABILITY
We are seeking an HSE Coordinator who will promote a culture of proactive Health, Safety and Environmental strategies, ultimately reducing the risk of HSE related incidents. This is an opportunity for the right person to demonstrate their TECHNICAL EXPERTISE and ORGANIZATIONAL skills.Your new responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the required environmental deliverables through inspections, physical audits, and timely correction of identified deficiencies. Assist with the implementation of the environmental management system. Must be able to maintain detailed records.
- Respond to environmental issues and concerns and report any potential issues or concerns to management in a timely manner.
- Conduct field environmental monitoring activities. Assist, formulate, document and implement environmental sampling routines and quality control procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements of applicable permits and company policy.
- Assist in the preparation of permits or regulatory reports related to environmental compliance.
- Develop and update monitoring and reporting protocols in accordance with state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Provide Environmental training to staff as requested.
You have the right qualifications:
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Coordinate and execute on-site inspections to audit the working conditions and ensure safe working practices.
- Administer Safety orientation for all new employees.
- Report all safety incidents and quality defects observed through the company's internal EHS Insight platform
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in the HSE field is required, with preferred experience in addressing environmental issues and concerns
- Currently holds or ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to work beyond standard office hours to include holidays, nights and weekends based on operational needs
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel between local sites to perform audits and sampling as needed.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and help where needed.
At Logistec Gulf Coast, we believe that inclusion inspires true IMAGINATION. The most creative team must also be the most diverse. That's why we offer equal opportunities to all applicants.