Environmental Compliance / M&A Due Diligence Consultant
Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Raleigh or Charlotte, NC, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll's Southeast offices are seeking motivated and qualified mid to senior-level candidates for the position of M&A Due Diligence and Environmental Compliance Consultant to support projects throughout the United States, particularly in the southeastern US. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial, financial sector and global clients.
You will join our Southeast Environment and Health Due Diligence and Facility Compliance Departments
As our new Consultant, you will be part of a small, progressive team of Atlanta Area scientists and engineers. You will split your time between office-based work, including reviewing project-related materials and writing reports, and site visits (including some local/regional travel).
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients across a variety of regulatory program areas including hazardous waste, wastewater/stormwater discharges, air emissions, chemical/spill prevention, and community right-to-know regulations.
- Perform Environmental and Health and Safety (EHS) compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Conduct environmental assessments with compliance reviews of a broad range of industrial and commercial companies for high-profile merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions. Assessments include a review of industrial operations and historic site activities to determine potential environmental regulatory (e.g., air permitting, wastewater, storm water, hazardous waste), site contamination, waste disposal, and product liabilities, among others.
- Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental liabilities and compliance at target facilities, including custom reports tailored to client-specific needs or standard Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards.
- Assist with evaluating the business risks associated with known and potential environmental liabilities and with developing scopes of work for follow-on site investigations.
Your starting point for growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the Company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Minimum B.S. degree in a relevant engineering discipline (civil, environmental, chemical) or B.S./B.A. in a relevant science discipline (environmental science, geology, chemistry, physics, or biology). Advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- 3+ years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% to 35% per month. Travel is typically of short duration (1-2 days) and may be local or throughout the US, depending on project needs.
- Familiarity with federal and state multi-media environmental regulations helpful, but not required. Ramboll will provide training in applicable environmental regulations as necessary.
- Interest in working on M&A transactions and being an integral part of Ramboll's global M&A practice.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the following abilities:
- Strong work ethic and passion for producing high quality work and continual improvement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to drive or otherwise travel up to approximately 25% of the time (must have a driver's license in good standing).
- Flexibility in handling multiple projects at the same time and ability to meet shifting deadlines.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health, and social issues.
Ramboll in North America
Ramboll has more than 2,500 experts working in North America, applying their professional knowledge across services including Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company where you and your colleagues are trusted to perform and deliver in a friendly and flexible work environment. We invite you to join us in working to solve the challenges facing societies, companies and people around the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV and cover letter showcasing why you are the right match for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!