Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
NV5 is seeking a self-motivated, Mid-level as on-call Terrestrial Biologist with gnatcatcher or wetland experience to join our municipal and energy services team in Southern California. As part of our services Team, you will provide high-quality, analytical support to Local Government and Energy clients while working closely with other NV5 team members on California Environmental Quality Act documentation projects and supporting field studies, regulatory guidance, and permitting strategies.
Work will include both desktop and field work depending on need, career aspirations, and future workload. Seeking strong candidates with experience working in southern California habitats. Preferred candidates will have U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Authorization to survey for gnatcatcher in Southern California. Candidates would likely be situated in our San Diego or other Southern California office.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical consulting skills in the areas of biology, ecology, and other resources by conducting field surveys, monitoring, and/or reporting;
- Conducting environmental impact desktop analyses;
- Organizing and preparing agency permitting and regulatory packages;
- Working within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments; and
- Completing work assignments in accordance with NV5's management system, format and quality standards.
- Providing monitoring for construction projects subject to Mitigation Monitoring Reporting Programs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a natural science discipline.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience working in the environmental consulting industry.
- 3 or more years of experience conducting biological work in southern California habitats.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols.
- Effective communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Enjoy working as a member of a collaborative team.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills required. Must be comfortable using basic document and data software such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
- Must have experience managing/using GPS data collection.
Licenses and Certifications
- Experience with GIS and CADD are a plus.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Authorization to survey for gnatcatcher in California is preferred.
- Federal recovery permits, and any other ecological certifications, wetland certifications are a plus.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.