Communication & Outreach Analyst - Environmental Programs
Job Locations US-VA-Arlington, Virginia | US-MA-Waltham Job ID 2021-2136
# of Openings 1
Category Research Analyst OverviewWho We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world's most challenging problems can't be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That's why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you'll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus' mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let's solve the world's most challenging problems together.ResponsibilitiesWhat You'll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks a highly motivated entry-level research analyst to provide training, communications, and outreach support. This position is being offered in Cadmus' Government Sector/Water Team and will support contracts with EPA and other government clients in the areas of drinking water and water quality. In addition, the position would be expected to provide policy and other general support. Successful candidates must be highly motivated to perform and learn, able to work collaboratively and independently, detail-oriented, comfortable speaking in public, and able to manage assigned tasks and projects from start to finish with input from supervisors. Candidates should also possess exceptional research, oral and written communication, design, and analytical skills, enabling them to support Cadmus' mission to successfully meet clients' needs. Candidate must be comfortable performing tasks independently and learning new software with limited supervision. Cadmus emphasizes working effectively in a team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of excellence. Candidates should have a professional demeanor and will have distinguished themselves with academic and professional excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic.Responsibilities:
Provide training and outreach support:
- Develop materials and packages for self-paced on-line training, in-person training, and webinar training events.
- Develop outreach and communication documents directed toward specific audiences (e.g., states, water systems, or the general public).
Provide general project support:
- Ensuring project manager and client satisfaction across multiple projects in a program.
- Facilitating information sharing and planning across projects and teams.
- Supporting the efforts of multiple project managers.
- Providing strategic thinking in support of client initiatives.
Provide logistical and administrative support for Cadmus project teams.Conduct literature searches and reviews on topics to support policy initiatives and assess the impacts of policy decisions.Write or edit guidance documents, reports, case studies, presentations, and other documents.Present material and assist on webinars and at in-person events.Represent Cadmus and clients at workshops and conferences. QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- BS/BA with coursework in social sciences, environmental science and policy, or other relevant area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting over the phone and to live audiences.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Interest in training, education, and/or outreach and communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge in Adobe applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Captivate.
- Ability to learn new software packages.
- Some domestic travel may be required post-COVID.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen.
Additional Information: To be considered, please submit the following materials:
- Classwork or professional experience with EPA regulatory programs, water science or policy, and economics.
- Experience in training, education, and/or outreach and communications.
- Applied experience with research activities in an academic or professional setting.
- Experience public speaking.
- A one-page cover letter describing your qualifications, interests, and career objectives. The cover letter should clearly address your experience and interest.
- A resume that includes complete educational and professional experience.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus' vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. "Full vaccination" means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.comCategory
Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including HealthEducation
Bachelor's DegreeJob type