Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Biology Intern who will perform entry-level, less complex professional biological resources work involving field surveys, data collection and analysis, and environmental compliance monitoring; assists in technical report preparation and regulatory permitting.What Do You Get To Do In This Position:
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Provide environmental monitoring for construction projects for permit compliance and resourceprotection. Projects may be subject to requirements from multiple permits, and include biological, water quality, habitat restoration, or other environmental areas
- Conduct field investigations of proposed project sites to assess biological resources present or potentially present. May perform on-site inspections involving hazardous terrain. Surveys may be conducted solo for less complex sites or as a member of a team
- Manage and organize data / photographs obtained during monitoring and field surveys for inclusion in technical reports
- Assist Senior Biologists and Project Managers with preparation of technical reports, plans, and permit applications. Prepare less complex reports, plans and applications
- Other duties as assigned by manager / project lead
Physical and Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Minimum completed Junior year or B.S. in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or a related field
- Coursework reflects study of: flora, fauna, and habitats of California; special-status species and resources; and relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations of biological and other environmental resources
- Working knowledge of: research and statistical methods; map reading
- Working ability to: collect, analyze, and interpret data; solve problems at less to moderately complex levels; speak and write effectively; prepare technical reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
- Working ability to: organize, coordinate, and execute project assignments, including adherence to budgets and schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and use of GPS and GIS tools
- Must possess a valid California driver license, a clean driving record and willingness to travel on projects
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor environment and requires ambulation and movement to enable walking or hiking on rough and/or hazardous terrain and occasional climbing, crouching, kneeling, balancing on rough terrain. Field work may involve lifting equipment (up to 25 pounds) and exposure to conditions of rain, sun/heat, wind, dust, etc., with exposure to animals, plants, wet conditions, biting insects, poison oak, etc.
- Field work necessitates ability to occasionally travel/drive a vehicle (sight, hearing, and manual manipulation of driving mechanisms), sometimes off-highway / 4x4, cognitive ability to plan travel, use maps or GPS navigation systems.
- Periodic indoor / office work is required that includes sustained sitting and use of fingers, hands and arms to operate a computer and perform keyboard entry of data or document preparation (or equivalent with accommodation). Must also be able to operate standard office equipment (phone, copy machine, etc.).
- Vision is required to observe environmental phenomena and the ability to record notes on observations and translate observations into text (either keyboard entry on a computer or dictation and audio translation of recording to Standard English scientific text).
- Mental requirements include ability to organize ones own work or that of crew members; ability to recognize and observe scientific data and analyze data as well as ability to perform calculations. Must also be able to observe social and professional interactions and respond appropriately.
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR