Moffatt & Nichol's environmental practice in South Florida is growing! We are seeking an Environmental Scientist/Project Manager for our Miami (preferred) or Fort Lauderdale, FL office. As the successful new hire, you will manage and execute environmental assessments and permitting for coastal, marine, and other waterfront and resiliency projects.
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 40+ offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform client management for environmental permitting and resiliency consulting projects
- Manage environmental permitting efforts working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Actively utilizes federal/state/local environmental permitting experience and knowledge with the USACE (Section 10 and 404), FDEP, Florida WMDs, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), Florida county and municipal agencies
- Perform, review and prepare protected species assessments and permitting (both federal and state)
- Supervise/perform wetland delineations, coordinate agency jurisdictional determinations
- Supervise and assist with data collection and project research related to impact of proposed project. Analyze data and make recommendations
- Complete field assessments including measurements, recording data, and taking photographs
- Perform environmental studies and prepare technical documentation related to permitting and compliance for marine/coastal projects, including impact analysis/impact summaries, functional assessments, and mitigation plans
- Coordinate with environmental resource agencies, local agencies, project stakeholders to prepare project documentation
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Environmental Science or related field; Master's degree preferred
- 10 to 15 years of related experience
- Understanding of requirements for National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), USACE Section 408, federal projects a plus
- Experience with international environmental impact assessments and environmental management plans a plus
- Experience with FDEP/FBC coastal permitting, beach renourishment project permitting, flood code compliance and FEMA flood map revisions a plus
- Minimal travel is required. On occasion may travel to other Moffatt & Nichol offices within Florida, job sites, attend meetings at client or permitting agency offices
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete and pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check in compliance with NIST 800-171
Ability to use standard office equipment, remain sedentary for a prolonged period. Ability to participate in site visits, client/project meetings, and complete site condition assessments.
Moffatt & Nichol's EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.
EEO is the LAW