Environmental Manager, Cogeneration- Decatur, IL
This is a full time, salaried-exempt position
ADM's Decatur Complex is seeking a qualified candidate with a minimum of 5 years working experience, preferably in a power generation, manufacturing, or processing facility, to fill a position of an Environmental Manager to support the Cogeneration Facility. The candidate would support the plant as champion and participate with all Decatur Complex locations in striving to become an industry leader in environmental compliance and stewardship.Position Description:
Will report to the Area Environmental Manager. It will require work to be conducted in both office and industrial facility environments. This position is responsible for all aspects of environmental permitting/compliance at the facility's cogeneration and waste water treatment plants. Candidate must be proactive and ability to effectively communicate, be an excellent teammate, and have attention to detail. The Environmental Manager will handle a broad range of activities in air emissions, (including Title V), chemical, waste, and water management..
The Environmental Manager's responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Position Experience Requirements:
- Provide environmental technical support in the day-to-day operation of the cogeneration and waste water facilities which supply utility and waste water needs to multiple agricultural processing plants.
- Responsible for an extensive Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep, calibrations, data collection and reporting from the system.
- Use technical knowledge and skills to partner with colleagues at all levels to ensure compliance with all environmental rules, regulations, permits and other applicable requirements.
- Provide air permitting expertise for projects at the plants, as well as providing environmental air regulatory analysis.
- Responsible for review of Management of Change (MOC) requests to determine the proper course of action regarding environmental requirements and strategies.
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain environmental documents, databases, and records.
- Prepare complex regulatory reporting documents, which include the plant's Title V operating permit reports, Boiler MACT, NSPS and GHG reports among others.
- Provide training for employees and contractors (including new hire orientation, monthly and annual training) related to environmental programs.
- Participate in and lead all internal and external environmental audits or environmental agency visits and prioritize, assign and track the audit findings for completion.
- Participate in all environmental incident investigations.
- Implement and maintain plant Environmental Management System.
- Participate in other activities and regulatory programs as requested by the Area Environmental Manager.
- The facility operates 24/7; therefore, this position occasionally requires the ability to take calls and/or occasionally work at times other than normal business (day shift) hours to accommodate plant needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Science-related field
- 5+ years environmentally related experience, preferably in an industrial or regulatory setting
Experience, including but not limited to, the following aspects of environmental compliance:
- Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) reporting / management
- Solid/Hazardous waste
- Spill prevention, counter measures, and control (SPCC)
- Storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP)
- Toxic release inventory (TRI)
- Tier II
- Familiarity with air modeling
- 2+ years of experience with industrial boilers including knowledge of fuel and material handling systems for boilers.
- Familiar with wastewater operations.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding environmental regulations, Illinois knowledge is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet development.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City:
IL - IllinoisRef ID:
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.About ADM::
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.