Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Imagine
...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Manager-Laboratories, this position is responsible for the standard operating procedures of the Plant Laboratory as pertains to microbiological aspects, as well as releasing and holding of product, and the Set-Aside Program Coordinator. This position will also hold minimum supervisory responsibilities.Principal Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the operation of the Bacteriological Laboratory.
- Support Laboratory Technicians Supervisory Practices.
- Support Hold product process.
- Support with daily analytical data review.
- Oversee the Set-Aside Program.
- Responsible for the Environmental Testing Program.
- Responsible for the Allergen testing program.
- Responsible for the Monitoring Pre-Op Sanitation Inspection.
- Support investigation of finish product spoilage incidents including full evaluation of suspect containers.
- Perform plant incoming water testing and sampling.
- Perform all microbiological aspects which include smears, sub-culturing, ingredient testing, finish product testing, flat sours, Aerobic Place Counts, mold count, thermophilic testing, media preparation, and sanitation programs.
- Train and supervise operators in general laboratory procedures and the use of laboratory testing equipment.
- Maintain Bacteriological Laboratory records.
- Track KPI's to meet plant goals.
- Report results of laboratory analyses, data collection, sample information, and others as required by standard operating procedures.
- Identify insects and foreign objects.
- Review non-conforming ingredients and finished product and make quality dispositions on same.
- Maintain supplies inventory for Microbiological laboratory as needed.
- Responsible to verify incubator charts.
- Support production and HACCP by performing audits.
- Accurate data entry in physical and computerized logs for all the Bacteriological Laboratory processes.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and/or necessary.
Have good hand-eye coordination, able to use a microscope, able to use analytical equipment, perform multi-microbiological functions, communicate with shipping and planning, associate with the can plant, work with reconditioning, solve problems on a moments notice, work with sterile supplies, be a team player in the Quality Department and other departments, assist lab technologist when called upon, back up for the Laboratory Manager, and be cross trained in all functions in the main laboratory, math calculations, chemistry.
The Microbiologist will supervise up to 3 hourly employees.Job Specifications:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Microbiology preferred or related field.
- 0-2+ years' experience required in Microbiological testing in food industry or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP, FSMA, USDA regulations with the experience developing and monitoring environmental programs is a plus.
- Computer literacy for Operations and Office systems.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in utilizing MS office.
- Capability to use and analyze SPC data.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Capability to use and analyze SPC data.
Primary shift: This position will rotate between 1st and 2nd shift. The hours will typically range between 5am and 10pm.
Handle chemicals, glassware, hot items, and method interpretation, maintain product availability within Paris plant as well as other plants as needed.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.
ACRThe Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.