Environmental Health & SafetyManager-Mendota, IL
This is an exempt level positionPosition Summary:
Facility Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional (Pro): Based in the United States and reports to the respective Regional Area (H&S) Manager. A Facility (EHS) Pro Provides Safety and Environmental Leadership and support to their assigned ADM facility or facilities.Position Responsibility:
- Work closely with Plant Management to achieve safety action plan success. Provide constant and consistent Leadership, Guidance and Mentoring along with training and public presentation as necessary.
- Advise their manager or director and their facility management on the status of all Safety Action Plan actions and areas, as well as environmental obligationsto apply focus and leadership to achieve success.
- Build management and employee dedication and enthusiasm for safety through effective Leadership and Influence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and environmental programsand policies through consistent monitoring and auditing.
- Knowledge and Understanding of a multitude of health, safety and environmentalregulations and policies with the ability to communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Lead, support and encourage the actions that are leading indicators and tracked by the safety and environmental management indexes.
- Provide leadership and accountability for safety reporting requirements in a computer safety management system.
- Act as a Champion and Mentor for colleague safety engagement that comes in many forms including Values Based (behavior) Safety.
- Lead or have integral involvement in incident investigations.
- Lead and provide oversight of injured colleague cases.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, waivable with extraordinary experience
- Minimum of five-year's work experience in a dedicated health and safety position or a degree in Safety.
- Board of Certified Safety Professional (BCSP) Certification (or any) Preferred or have desire or commitment to achieve
- Shown leadership skills demonstrated by resume
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentation ability
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems
- Proven ability to work effectively and enthusiastically on a team
- Proven ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and recommend controls
- Minimal travel will be required, sometimes reactionary on short notice
The position requires the ability to work in a variety of environments: office environment and varying indoor and outdoor environments to include extreme heat and cold
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City:
IL - IllinoisRef ID:
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.About ADM::
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.