Gannett Fleming's Environmental Management & Natural Resources Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Environmental Scientist / Project Manager to provide technical expertise and project and team management across a diverse client base for variety of assignments based out of our West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami offices. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional to manage and contribute technically to infrastructure projects requiring planning, environmental analysis, compliance with NEPA, and permitting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing business as well as the overall execution of projects in both the public and private sector. Specific focus will include business development; interpretation of federal, state and local agency regulations; planning and executing analysis of a wide range of environmental resources; and preparation, oversight and review of work products including technical reports and permit applications.
We understand that our company is our people and our success is rooted in their professional development. We offer a flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. We take great pride in our learning and mentoring programs, diverse, flexible and supportive work environment, and our investment in our staff's individual growth. We foster a culture that builds relationships based on integrity and respect, with our clients and with each other. We are a firm where everyone counts, and each employee can make a difference.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading business development and teaming for both public and private clients. This includes marketing and preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Managing a team of senior and junior staff conducting field work and executing day to day activities of projects.
- Acting as technical lead for projects requiring compliance with NEPA as well as everything under the NEPA "umbrella."
- Performing project management duties, such as developing statements of services, cost proposals, and managing financial and other project records.
- Leading environmental analysis for multi-discipline design projects for a variety of sectors (e.g., transportation, water, and facilities) across the state and company.
- Acting as a liaison with other internal design disciplines, subconsultants, subcontractors, and regulatory and resource agencies.
- Leading a wide range of public engagement activities and meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental or physical science, engineering or closely related field. A Master's degree is desired but not required.
- Certifications including PE, AICP, CEP, PMP, etc. are desired but not required.
- 15 years of experience and increasing responsibility in the AEC industry delivering consulting services for infrastructure projects.
- Minimum five years of project Management experience.
- Extensive knowledgeable of applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations.
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local candidates will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: West Palm Beach, FL; Miami, FL; Ft. Lauderdale, FLCore Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PMEmployment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2021-8629
Salary Range: Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location