Environmental Engineer - Decatur Complex
This is a full time, salaried-exempt position
ADM's Decatur Complex is seeking a qualified candidate with a minimum of 5 years working experience, preferably in a manufacturing or processing facility, to fill a position of an Environmental Engineer to support the Decatur Complex and serve as plant champion for assigned facility operations. . Position Description: This position will report to the Area Environmental Manager. It will require work to be conducted in both office and industrial facility environments. This position is responsible for all aspects of environmental permitting/compliance.. Candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to effectively communicate, be a great teammate, and have attention to detail. The Environmental Engineer will handle a broad range of activities in air emissions (including Title V), chemical, waste, and water management. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide environmental technical support in the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Use technical knowledge and skills to partner with colleagues at all levels to ensure compliance with all environmental rules, regulations, permits and other applicable requirements.
- Provide air permitting expertise for projects at the plants, as well as providing environmental air regulatory analysis.
- Responsible for review of Management of Change (MOC) requests to figure out accurate course of action regarding environmental requirements and strategies.
- Initiate, manage and lead projects to completion as needed.
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain environmental documents, databases, and records.
- Prepare sophisticated regulatory reporting documents, which include the plant's Title V operating permit reports, Vegetable Oil MACT, NSPS and GHG reports among others.
- Provide training for employees and contractors (including new hire orientation, monthly and annual training) related to environmental programs.
- Participate in and lead all internal and external environmental audits or environmental agency visits and prioritize, assign and track the audit findings for completion.
- Lead all environmental event investigations. Participate in other event investigations as needed.
- Promote and maintain plant Environmental Management System.
- Participate in other activities and regulatory programs as requested by the Area Environmental Manager.
- The facility operates 24/7 therefore this position may receive calls 24/7 and occasionally be required to work at times other than normal business (day shift) hours to accommodate plant needs.
Position Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental, or Science related field
- 5+ years environmentally related experience, preferably in an industrial or regulatory setting
- Experience, including but not limited to, the following aspects of systems and environmental compliance:
- Annual Air Emission Reporting
- Solid/Hazardous waste
- Spill prevention, counter measures, and control (SPCC)
- Storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP)
- Wastewater operations
- Toxic release inventory (TRI)
- Tier II
- Performance Excellence
- Environmental Management Systems ( EMS)
- Project management lead experience
- Extensive investigation skills conducting root cause analysis
- Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding environmental regulations, Illinois knowledge is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel spreadsheet development.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City:
IL - IllinoisRef ID:
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.About ADM::
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.