- Join a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities CONUS and OCONUS and work with other forensic technicians and examiners in the latent print field to support the TEDAC mission.
- This opportunity is the only contract supporting the TEDAC LP mission
- Assist in working cases from around the world that are submitted to TEDAC for exploitation.
- Obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
The Biologist Technician processes a wide range of complex forensic material associated with IEDs and IED-related material for latent prints and DNA collections. The Biologist Technician shall use basic and advanced physical and chemical processes and forensic light sources for the detection of latent prints as well as perform collection(s) on the evidence for DNA.Tasks:
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related material from the Evidence Management Unit (EMU).
- Adhere to proper evidence handling techniques and take proper measures to protect the integrity of the evidence for additional forensic examinations.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for latent prints to include visual and forensic light source examination and conducting basic and advanced physical and chemical processing on evidence.
- Determine suitability for the capture of detected latent prints and properly submit evidence for photography, to include the use of photo ticketing software.
- Author, review, and provide quality control (QC) of case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody, electronic communications, and communication logs. Prepare all required documentation for the case file relative to position.
- Use current database(s) and software program(s) for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow; and documentation for the case file relative to the position.
- Complete and pass LD's latent print discipline training requirements and appropriate latent print competency test within the time period as set forth by the BAU.
- Complete and pass a yearly proficiency test in the area of latent print processing from an external independent vendor, if available, or one created internally if no such external test is available.
- Prepare and maintain all chemicals necessary for processing of evidence, including following Government standard operating procedures for making and testing of all chemical reagents.
- Maintain equipment, as necessary, to ensure proper and efficient job performance. This includes general upkeep and cleanliness of the laboratory workspace.
- Perform the collection of DNA samples from IED and IED-related material for additional DNA processing using proper techniques to preserve the DNA and prevent contamination.
- Complete and pass DNA training requirements within the time period set forth by the BAU for DNA sample collection.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- Education: Prefer B.S. degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the Physical Sciences.
- Skills: Basic computer skills, to include the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments; verbal and written communication skills.
Prefer at least one year of experience as an LPT or Physical Scientist in an accredited laboratory.Work Shift:
Current DoD TS or FBI TS. (US citizenship required)Location:
Online at https://www.idealinnovations.com/careersIMPORTANT NOTE: COVID Vaccine Mandate:
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Ideal Innovations, Inc. COVID Vaccination Policy mandated by Executive Order 14042 ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols for Federal Contractors. All candidates hired by Ideal Innovations, Inc. must be fully vaccinated in accordance with Executive Order 14042 and must submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment regardless of work location or work arrangement. If needed, candidates offered employment may request a medical or religious belief exemption to the vaccination requirement. The exemption request will be evaluated by a review board. In the event an exemption is provided, the new employee must comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols (i.e., wear a face mask indoors, socially distance, etc.) mandated by Ideal Innovations, Inc. and the Government Contract the employee supports. Ideal Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. Ideal Innovations, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor .