The Dave Lab (davelab.org) in the Center for Genomics and Computational Biology at Duke University
is looking for an experienced biologist to join an interdisciplinary team of biologists and computational biologists who are working together to identify the genetic basis of cancer.
The ideal candidate will bring strong bench skills to develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for defining the role of genetic mutations in cancer. We combine big data approaches with in vivo and in vitro models to define the effects of genetic alterations that cause human cancers. You should have already mastered a few laboratory skills. We will teach you the rest.Why join us?
Develop a career where your work will impact medicine and humanity
Become an expert in cutting edge laboratory skills
Quickly gain authorship on multiple publications
Be at the forefront of the genetic revolution!Required qualifications:
1. BS in Biology or a related field with 2-3 years of experience.
2. Demonstrated experience in molecular biology and cloning.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in at least two laboratory techniques.
4. Excellent organization and communication skills.
5. Ability to work in a team environment.Preferred qualifications:
1. MS degree
2. Experience with animal models, mouse strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All Duke employees are required to be vaccinated. Social distancing measures are in place.
- Molecular biology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location