Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
A Senior Technician supports Analysts to complete processing tasks with moderate oversight. This position will work both individually and as part of a team to support data production in an ArcMap or QGIS map environment producing data deliverables based on client proposal. A Senior Technician will coordinate with the Team Leader and senior technical leads towards the completion of project requirements. This includes providing technical support, quality control, and training for other team members. It is expected that Senior Technicians will be able to contribute to multiple manual processing tasks independently with high attention to detail and efficiency.Responsibilities:Key Responsibilities
- Support extraction, processing and classification of remote sensing data
- Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) efforts across multiple disciplines
- Scope of work primarily is providing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
- Maintains processing and production sheets and assures they are updated and accurate
- Assists in training workflows and methods to other team members
- Identifies process improvements and efficiencies
- Assists with procedural development and data reporting
- Role model for best practices and exemplifies operational excellence
- Can balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Expresses quality or staffing concerns to the leadership team
- All other reasonable duties as assigned
- Efficient and quality vector editing experience in ArcGIS and/or QGIS software
- Experience with both vector and raster data
- Understanding of coordinate systems and datums
- Photo-interpretation abilities in the mapping of forestry, hydrology, and land cover datasets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill sets
- Bachelor's degree or equal work experience
- 1 Year diverse GIS work experience
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.