Why a Great Opportunity
Environmental Health & Safety Manager in Eau Claire, WI
Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental, health, safety and sustainability programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and site policies. Leads all safety improvement process activities for the facility in support of our company'ssafety mission, policy, and values. Provides professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs.
• Develop, implement and manage safety programs, policies and procedures in accordance with company corporate standards. Ensure all health and safety standards are met by conducting frequent audits and ensuring all personnel are trained. Performs duties in a safe manner; acts as a role model for all employees.
• Assumes a leadership role to maintain a vibrant environmental, health and safety training program. Coordinates and leads the Leadership Safety Council to establish and direct safety programs and activities.
• Participates and leads employee improvement teams to emphasize safety, housekeeping, and waste/cost reduction; promotes programs and encourages employee participation.
• Maintains accurate and complete Environmental, Health and Safety records in accordance with governing regulations and company policies.
• Oversees case management of Workers Compensation cases. Works closely with insurance providers and adjustors to ensure timely and safe return to work for injured employees.
• Measures Plant performance, benchmarking against best in class manufacturing and leadership role to create plans to improve performance.
• Conducts EHS program training for all employees and contractors. Develops and conducts new training programs as needed. Participates in new hire orientation process by conducting appropriate training.
• Conducts incident investigations including "root cause analysis" for corrective action. Trains management personnel on incident investigations and proper documentation.
• Performs worksite and incident trend analysis to sustain a comprehensive system for hazard prevention and control.
• Other duties as assigned
BS Degree in Occupational Safety preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2-3 years Safety Experience in an industrial setting.
Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and other government regulations.Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.Desired, CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) or other comparable certification or ability to obtain.