At Johnson Controls, sustainability has always been at the heart of our business and fundamental to everything we do as a company. We continue to pioneer new and important paths to sustainability. We welcome and embrace the improved attention and vitality around tackling climate change and making gains across environmental, social and governance pillars! We are determined to strengthen and further build our culture of diversity and inclusion. Our bold sustainability commitments demonstrate we are all-in to help drive healthy buildings, healthy people and a healthy planet for our employees, shareholders, customers and all our partners.
Read our 2021 Sustainability Report at: https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/2021 sustainability as this person will be a key member of the Johnson Controls Global Sustainability Services and Solutions team. We want someone who is passionate about accomplishing science-based decarbonization targets!
What you will do
- Develop and lead Johnson Controls decarbonization projects and roadmap across the portfolio.
- Lead design and project execution teams to deliver concepts, value engineering and standard methodologies that apply to craft delivery of facilities to meet regulatory, and partner requirements for decarbonization.
- Deliver projects that produce cost and emissions savings for Johnson Controls.
- In coordination with Corporate Sustainability, ensure Johnson Controls achieves stated sustainability and decarbonization goals.
- Help organization stay abreast of the market, competitors, technologies, and latest innovations related to energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets, current and innovative energy and decarbonization technologies and wider energy/ sustainability issues.
How you will do it
- Understand and apply existing and emerging requirements, range of strategies available, available technologies, technology advancements around the globe, equipment, systems, and hardware offerings that are innovative in Decarbonization.
- Be familiar with technologies and practices in carbon accounting, decentralized, decarbonized generation and energy transition, electrification, decarbonization of industry/ projects, and regulatory support.
- Will engage externally with clients and technology providers in tandem with Johnson Controls' global teams to conceptualize, resolve and implement solutions specific to a given project.
- Partner with Corporate Sustainability team to deliver Johnson Controls emissions reporting.
- Be seen both externally and internally as a Johnson Controls lead for Decarbonization related thought leadership, expertise, and capability.
- Work with business unit technical teams (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) to clarify technology and capability requirements for specific opportunities and support development & execution of plans.
- Act as a focal point for information, initiatives & coordination on all things Decarbonization to promote knowledge sharing and coordination among Johnson Controls teams.
- Manage and develop team knowledge on current and innovative Decarbonization technologies, carbon databases and models, energy transition and carbon efficiency requirements in industry sectors.
- Lead and participate in capacity building activities including workshop facilitation and presentation delivery and learning & development.
- Help foster creativity and build solutions in an inclusive business environment where all associates are respected and engaged
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in a core engineering field from an accredited college or university.
- Relevant cumulative work experience of 5 years or more across project development, project delivery and/or technical services in owner/engineering/consultancy organizations in the area of energy, sustainability, climate change, and decarbonization.
- Proficient in development, management, and delivery of projects in Decarbonization.
- Significant experience and knowledge in the following Technology areas:
- Modern/future energy systems in terms of their technical properties and economic and environmental impacts.
- Technologies and systems applied to various industry sectors to achieve decarbonization.
- Experienced in the carbon market and the regulatory/policy framework, including knowledge of carbon pricing, key actors, financial/fiscal measures applied in the sector, policy instruments and market mechanisms for carbon mitigation.
- Knowledge of technology providers and emerging technologies.
- Ability to develop a clear evidence base and Cost/Benefit analysis to decision-making.
- Experience handling technology implementation on sophisticated projects is crucial.
- Strong proficiency in MS office (excel, word, power point, teams), Adobe, Visio, MS Project, basic Windows environment and internet business application usage is helpful.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and prioritization skills with high attention-to-detail.
- Demonstrated independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to preserve the confidentiality of information.
- Proven time management and project management skills.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.