Rhodium Group is recruiting a Research Analyst to support the firm's work on China's climate economics. Preferred location is Rhodium's offices in New York or Washington, DC.
Rhodium is looking for a Research Analyst to join our China Projects team, which has a two-decade track record of designing, researching, and publishing best-in-class analysis of China's economy and its global engagement. This position offers an opportunity to support interdisciplinary research on the interaction of China's economic system with the policy and market dynamics arising from global decarbonization, climate change, and adjustment pressures at home and abroad.
- Support Rhodium's research on assessing adjustments in China's economy associated with global and local decarbonization, including clean technology development, climate policies, and other drivers.
- Write reports, research notes, and other outputs accessible to non-specialist audiences.
- Communicate findings to decision-makers and the public.
- Develop and sustain a professional network, and engage with stakeholders in the private sector, academia, nonprofit community, and government.
Competitive applicants will have the following qualifications:
Location and Travel Requirements
- Master's degree in economics, public policy, energy systems, or related disciplines; 2 + years of experience working in a relevant field with a particular focus on China.
- Strong understanding of policy dynamics at the intersection of climate policy and economic development in China, the United States, and around the world; familiarity with energy technologies and markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods; excellence in design and execution of complex research; familiarity with relevant software packages.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team; proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English; experience with public engagement is a plus.
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese reading and speaking skills required. Ideal candidates can read and interpret Chinese policy documents, official speeches, data, reports, media, and research.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation, Benefits And Recruiting Process
- Rhodium's preference is for the Research Analyst to operate from New York or Washington, DC. Remote work is expected until in-office work resumes.
- Occasional domestic travel (
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Compensation for the Senior Research Analyst position includes a competitive base salary plus incentive compensation commensurate with team success. Rhodium also offers a progressive benefits package and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a group of talented colleagues. As a unique, fast-growing private company, Rhodium Group provides an opportunity to be part of commercial growth while maintaining a reputation for intellectual leadership.About Rhodium Group
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists, and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders, and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social, and political development, energy and climate change, India's emergence as a global player, and advanced economy restructuring.
Powered by JazzHR