The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an ESG Manager for our Infrastructure and Projects Advisory Deal Advisory practice.
- Manage a multidisciplinary team operating across a range of industries to assist companies to better understand and develop solutions to respond to the complex and evolving policy, regulatory, and business environment risks and opportunities associated with Corporate Sustainability and ESG
- Review/analyze corporate Sustainability/ESG activities and provide recommendations to enhance their sustainability/ESG strategy, methods, framework, and related tools to support clients in achieving their sustainability/ ESG objectives
- Oversee and coordinate project teams to review and develop sustainability/ESG programs and related reporting, such as materiality assessments, peer benchmarking, stakeholder engagement, gap analysis, metric/KPI identification (in alignment with common sustainability/ESG reporting standards), and the preparation of reporting (internal and external) materials
- Lead engagement teams to perform fieldwork, including data collection, analysis, and work paper documentation; prepare, edit, and proofread narrative reports and presentations of observations and recommendations
- Work with clients to define and implement recommendations related to sustainability/ESG program policies and procedures, processes, internal controls, roles and responsibilities, reporting, and supporting information technology solutions
- Support team leads to manage client relationships, drive business development efforts, and draft thought leadership, as well as internal collateral and pieces of training on Sustainability/ESG topics. Work closely, but independently, under the direction of and in coordination with Directors and Partners
- Manage engagements, supervise staff, and provide direction and training to associates as required
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience from a management consultancy, financial services firm, rating agency, in-house corporate sustainability role, or other relevant private-sector roles with an ESG or climate services focus, with demonstrated experience completing / leading ESG or climate change-focused projects. Prior consulting experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Sustainability, Business, Political Science, Environmental Engineering, Climate Science, Physical Sciences or related field; Master's degree in a related field (preferred, but not required)
- Strong current knowledge of sustainability frameworks such as GRI, CDP, SASB, and TCFD (experience working with frameworks a plus). Subject-matter knowledge across Sustainability / ESG management, reporting and transparency, and risk management (demonstrated expertise in one or more topic areas a plus)
- Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, records retention, and work paper organizational skills
- Intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint; advanced skills preferred
- Ability to travel, including potential international travel, on an as-needed basis
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.