This position participates in the creation, implementation and maintenance of Environmental Health and Safety Programs. Primary duties include implementation of the Chatsworth Campus's Environmental Health and Safety Programs to ensure compliance with federal, State, and local environmental and occupational safety regulations. Develops, and conducts required Environmental and Safety related training programs. Maintains working knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulations and provides for efficient and effective program implementation and maintenance at the Chatsworth Campus. Provides subject matter expertise on best practice and promotes a safe and compliant workplace. Drives key EHS initiatives.
- Under direction, develops, reviews, and implements programs to aid the site in assuring regulatory compliance with all California Air Resources Board, South Coast Air Quality Management District, State and Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board, LA Wastewater Management, EPA State and Federal CALOSHA and OSHA regulations. Develops, implements and measure compliance to required Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety programs.
- Completes required metrics reporting through EHS data management system for hazard / near miss reporting and corrective action tracking. Completes sustainability metrics reporting.
- Develops, and conducts Environmental Health and Safety related training.
- 3+ years industrial experience in a manufacturing setting involving environment, health and safety required. Use of GMPs and knowledge FDA regulatory compliance a plus.
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Engineering
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated experience in training presentations, familiarity with current standard concepts, practices and procedures within the environmental and safety field, ability to speak Spanish a plus.