As an Environmental Scientist for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for working on a variety of diverse environmental projects. The majority of your time will be spent in the field and traveling to and from sites.
Your duties will include:
• Collection of environmental samples on a variety of project sites;
• Observation of remediation activities such as oversight of excavation and operation of treatment systems;
• Inspection of construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance with Engineering Plans, Specifications and construction and safety standards;
• Data tabulation, evaluation and review;
• Preparation of technical reports.
0-2 years' experience in environmental monitoring, construction observation or related field;
Attention to detail;
Ability to speak and write professionally;
Valid driver's license and clean driving record;
Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies.
Technical degree (engineering, science or related field);
40-hr HAZWOPER training and 8-hr refresher (if applicable); and
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
CEC offers big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. We understand the importance of professional growth and offer career advancement and leadership opportunities. You will work on diverse projects providing high quality services to our clients. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an EEO employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.