For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
We are seeking a Research Associate
for our Cellular and Molecular Biology Team
located in Mattawan, MI.
A Research Associate
is responsible for: quantifying, characterizing, synthesizing and/or modifying chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating procedures (SOPs), established methods and/or GxP regulations. The individual in this role demonstrates proficiency in the use of applicable analytical and biochemistry instruments and laboratory techniques, and contributes to the team by completing assigned projects on time, contributing to process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with team members and customers.Job Qualifications
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Associate
About Safety Assessment
- HS/GED with 2 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree with 0-2 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.