For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Job Summary
A Research Associate is responsible for: quantifying, characterizing, synthesizing and/or modifying chemical entities according to applicable Standard Operating procedures (SOPs), established methods and/or GxP regulations. The individual in this role demonstrates proficiency in the use of applicable analytical and biochemistry instruments and laboratory techniques, and contributes to the team by completing assigned projects on time, contributing to process improvement initiatives, and communicating effectively with team members and customers.
Essential Functions (The fundamental Duties & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
- Conducts analyses, isolating and quantifying compounds for routine sample analyses utilizing standard analytical, immunology, and radiochemistry techniques/platforms.
- Executes validation studies under direction.
- Documents and interprets data within the structure of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); performs quality control procedures on data; responds to audit items.
- Prepares applicable laboratory instruments for sample runs; uses software and operates instruments to quantify, characterize, synthesize and/or modify sample runs.
- Assists with the completion of laboratory investigations, assay trouble shooting, and quality observations, as needed.
- Handles routine laboratory upkeep, such as instrument maintenance and management of supplies.
- Assists with process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essentialfunctions) include but are not limited to:
- HS/GED with 2 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree with 0-2 or more years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
- Background in Cell and Molecular Biology a plus.
- Experience in PCR is a plus.
About Safety Assessment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.