Location Name: Detroit, MI
Job/Requisition ID: 70711
Location Address: 1001 S. Oakwood, Detroit, MI, United States (US), 48217
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position will lead the Michigan Refining Division Environmental Services team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to supervise the department's environmental professionals and oversee the development and maintenance of management systems to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Champion an Operations centered, service minded culture that focuses on delivering value by identifying optimization opportunities within our existing permit, while maintaining compliance.
* Frequently monitor compliance with permit limits and ensure timely, proactive communication is made to Operations.
* Conduct periodic self-audits of environmental programs to proactively identify and correct issues.
* Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance to direct reports and staff as needed.
* Ensure timely submissions for all reporting categories (routine, incident follow-up, etc.).
* Liaison between the refinery and governing agencies such as EGLE and GLWA.
* Build relationships and communicate environmental information to local community members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in science or engineering field, environmental science preferred
* 5-10 years related work experience with a minimum of 5 years in a refining setting
* Ability to build strong relationships with local community stakeholders and leaders
* Strong verbal and written presentation skills
* Must possess strong leadership skills
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.