Requisition ID: R10013802
- Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
- Location: Redondo Beach - CA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for an Environmental Principal Engineer
, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Manhattan Beach/Redondo Beach, CA.
This position will involve environmental compliance matters including but not limited to: wastewater, storm water, hazardous waste, and hazardous materials with a focus on water quality management and wastewater treatment facilities operations and permitting. Essential functions will include environmental reporting, assisting with pollution prevention activities, compliance auditing, and the evaluation of proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact. Additionally, it will involve maintaining and updating Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Hazardous Waste Contingency Plans, and Hazardous Materials Management plans.Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Develops, administers and implements environmental programs in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Monitors pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts.
- Conducts studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes and permit changes.
- Reviews and analyzes environmental documentation issued by the federal EPA, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Determines impact on company operations and publishes compliance strategies and requirements.
- Evaluates proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
- Interacts with federal, state and local regulators to resolve compliance issues; establishes permit requirements and assists in EPA, state and local regulatory audits.
- Represents company in government and industry rule-making activities.
- Interpersonal skills are a must since this job function will require working with a diverse group of internal and external organizations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a Bachelor of Science degree in an environmental science or related major and 5+ years of related (refer to job description) experience; Or 3+ years of related experience with a Masters Degree; Or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- Computer related skills for database management, internet/intranet use, and/or typical Microsoft Office related programs
- Ability to read and interpret federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
92000 - 138000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042
(https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.