Are you a force for good? Does the opportunity to devote your talents to a cause much greater than yourself excite you? The Arbor Day Foundation is a place you can do work that matters, with people who care. As we say at the Foundation: life is short, love where you work.
Arbor Day Carbon, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Arbor Day Foundation, is dedicated to ensuring quality carbon reduction and removal products are available for companies looking to have a meaningful impact on the future of our planet. With forest restoration and protection as our focus, we are leading the charge for the use of trees as a proven means to fight climate change, to benefit local people, and to restore nature.You Have:
- Passion. For our mission and environmental stewardship.
- Experience. This will not be your first venture into forest carbon projects or carbon offset protocols, our ideal candidate has 1-3+ years of experience.
- Intrinsic Motivation. You are driven to make the most of each day, you know the work you and your team contribute each day can have a big impact to fight climate change.
- Meticulous detail-orientation. Your organization and project management skills are unmatched.
- Forestry project design and implementation skills. Familiarity with forestry carbon projects (ideally afforestation/reforestation, agroforestry systems, and mangroves), project origination, project design, project implementation, carbon quantification and accounting, forest management, monitoring, reporting, verification, remote sensing technologies, etc.
- Inclusive communication abilities. You are a pro at knowing how to simply communicate complex topics to different audiences.
- Knowledge. You know and understand the drivers and mechanics of climate change, sources of greenhouse gases, carbon, and energy.
Love Where You Work:
- Be our expert. From forestry practices, to locations and climates, to carbon sequestration we'll look to you for action and best practices.
- Develop the standard. Developing a standardized system for creating and maintaining carbon offset projects that stand up to rigorous certification standards will fall high on the priority list for this role.
- Create models. You'll create biomass models for new and existing projects that are tied to financial analysis.
- Monitor and Manage. While helping create new projects you will continue to provide support and analysis of existing projects sites.
- Go onsite. We expect this role to visit our projects, traveling once a month.
- Provide technical expertise. You will design and develop voluntary carbon offset projects that stand up to rigorous certification standards.
- We're in this together. A culture focused on a genuine interest in the wellbeing of others, collaboration, and the intrinsic shared purpose to do what's right. We pride ourselves on the culture we've built. We love it, and we know you will too.
- We care about your health. We offer competitive healthcare (health, dental, vision) coverage for you and your loved ones matched with a wellness incentives program.
- We invest in your future. Company paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and 401k with company match are available.
- We want you to unplug when needed. We believe in taking your time off without guilt, including the week between Christmas and New Years that we close our Lincoln Campus to recharge.
- We know the little things matter. Team members receive a monthly transportation stipend, a fully stocked kitchen, and access to a plethora of learning and development opportunities.
- We'll round out the experience. We put our culture first, and we host events and experiences throughout the year to show that we care about you (and your family).