This position can sit in Richmond VA, Cayce SC, or Gastonia NC - Must Sit in one of these locations for at least 3 days in office. - State on Resume which location they are looking for.
Top Must Haves:
Strong RCRA, DOT, TSCA knowledge, excellent communication skills, flexibility
Would be nice if from the Utility industry, but not necessary
Education and certifications required:
Bachelors degree in engineering, or science field preferred. DOT/RCRA training
Candidate will utilize electronic waste management system to schedule the disposal of hazardous and non -hazardous waste. They will review information inputted by site environmental compliance coordinators and obtain waste profiles from disposal companies. Candidate will work with site environmental personnel on waste management compliance.
This position coordinates field services and transportation for hazardous and non-hazardous waste. The successful candidate must have related experience with RCRA, DOT, and TSCA regulations and programs.
Other related job responsibilities include:
• Coordinates and ensures company programs and projects are in compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations including any specific areas of concern.
• Promotes corporate environmental policy, by educating and assisting employees to seek innovative ways to ensure operational environmental compliance
• Ensures compliance with environmental requirements prescribed by laws, regulations, company policies, and company procedures.
• Provides regulatory interpretations for new and existing environmental regulations.
• Uses electronic databases to analyze and monitor company compliance with regulatory requirements.