COVID Vaccination RequiredSr. Microbiology Laboratory Technician
This position works with the Microbiology Operations department which includes Technicians and Laboratory Assistants. This position will ensure the sites Microbiology tasks are executed to internal procedures and external standards. Under the supervision of and in cooperation with the Laboratory Manager, this position will become a technical expert, performing onsite and offsite testing as well as maintenance of equipment. This position requires a strong desire to grow with an expanding and dynamic company and excellent communication.Essential Duties:
Education and Experience
- Perform CER certification and environmental monitoring offsite at clients facility.
- Routine Quality Control of laboratory equipment, media, and microorganisms.
- Preparation for and performance of microbiological tests on medical devices and pharmaceuticals as recommended by current USP, FDA and AAMI/ISO regulations.
- Provide accurate test results to customers on a timely basis.
- Record test results accurately and legibly on all documents.
- Technical report writing including text, tables, graphs, and diagrams.
- Assist in the training of new Laboratory Technicians.
- Follow and perform process qualifications and validations for procedures and/or equipment.
- Maintain control of test samples including logging in, storage, tracking, and disposal.
- Monitor test status and conditions as described in Work Instructions and Operating Procedures.
- Routine maintenance of laboratory environment to include cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Report any deviations and/or nonconformities to Management.
- Suggest possible preventative and corrective measures to prevent future deviations and nonconformities.
- Inventory of laboratory supplies to maintain par levels.
- Perform onsite and offsite testing.
- Gowning and garbing for cleanroom settings.
- In cooperation with the Laboratory Manager, responsible for the qualification, maintenance, and calibration of critical equipment.
- Update procedures for improvement to methods.
- Assist with OOS, NI, CAPA, and Change Control processes in response to Laboratory issues.
- Driving a company car for offsite work, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact with Others
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology or related life science
- Prior experience performing basic microbiological laboratory tests is preferred.
- Prior experience performing CER certification and environmental monitoring.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Internal contact includes daily contact with all personnel and regular contact with management.
- External contact will require infrequent contact with customers.
- External contact with vendors may be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of microbiological terms and terminology.
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP, cGLP, GDP, ISO, USP, ANSI/AAMI, and CLSI is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 is preferred.
- You are a fast learner, self-starter, mature, personable, and relates well to people at all levels.
- Displays sound judgement and ambition; is quality focused; displays good communication skills; good implementation and follow-up skills; possesses strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Is comfortable with the goals, values, and philosophy of Infinity Laboratories.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microbiology Lab: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location