The Research Associate will support the Vector Biosciences team and assist with the development of Client AAV gene therapy vectors using molecular biology techniques. The Research Associate will be located in our South San Francisco R&D laboratories.
· Execute cloning projects to create Client AAV candidate vectors using a variety of techniques (i.e.: Gibson assembly, restriction digest, ligation, etc.).
· Analyze clones by PCR, Sanger Sequencing and agarose gel electrophoresis.
· Collect and evaluate data; prepare reports, summaries and presentations; maintain and update laboratory notebook and the laboratory information management system, as appropriate, according to company policy
· Collaborate with scientists to design and execute scientific experiments using relevant molecular biology technologies.
· Perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team and troubleshoot problems/identify solutions to technical challenges.
· Additional duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline with 2+ years of experience or a Master's Degree with 1+ years of experience in molecular biology techniques.
· Strong molecular biology skill set , set including but not limited to isolation and quantification of DNA, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, etc. , genomic analysis, primer design and sequencing and various cloning techniques
· Experience with DNA sequence analysis software
· Models our Core Values: Be Bold: Find a Way, Care Deeply, Get Stuff Done is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
· Experience with AAV and other viral constructs cloning is preferred.
· Industry experience