D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.
, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.D.R. Horton, Inc.
is currently looking for a Division Stormwater Compliance Admin
for their Operations Department. The right candidate will Manage division compliance with respect to Clean Water Act Sections 301, 402 and 404: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage an effective on-going division NPDES management program in compliance with both D.R. Horton operational standards and applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional regulations, in coordination and communication with the D.R. Horton Corporate Environmental Team, the North Region Regulatory Compliance Manager, the Division President and appropriate D.R. Horton personnel in Entitlements, Land Acquisition, Land Development and Vertical Construction (the "Division NPDES Program")
- Develop, implement and administer revisions to the Division NPDES Program as regulatory, operational or industry practices-requirements dictate
- Communicate and supervise third party environmental contractors and consultants responsible for stormwater or wetlands NPDES compliance; e.g. erosion and sediment control design professionals, storm water pollution prevention design, inspection, and corrective action consultants, best management practices contractors, and wetland consultants to ensure timely compliance in implementing the Division NPDES Program
- Liaise with federal, state and local regulatory agencies and participate through attendance or coordination in site inspections and investigations. Review and coordinate responses to routine requests for information from regulatory authorities. Communicate with appropriate management officials regarding regulatory agency concerns. Serve as the point of contact for responses to regulatory enforcement actions in coordination with the Office of General Counsel, the Corporate Environmental Team, the North Region Regulatory Compliance Manager, and the Division President.
- Conduct routine inspections and quality assurance audits of design, administrative and in-field practices; provide corrective action directives to consultants and vendors to ensure that the Division NPDES Program requirements and objectives are met
- Identify, develop and maintain cost efficiency/cost effective measures relative to NPDES compliance including implementation of appropriate technology and technical storm water compliance tools, measures and BMPs
- Serve as the Division NPDES voice in NPDES emergency situations
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to work an occasional weekend
- Regular and reliable attendance
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent
- Possess or obtain within one year of employment two of the following three industry certifications: CPESC, CESSWI, CISEC
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and peripheral vision
- Ability to be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Close attention to detail
- Good communication skills
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Nov 19, 2021, 9:26:25 AM