About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 91,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
The EHS Manager directs the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the JLL EHS management systems at Client Life Science facilities. In this capacity, the EHS Manager will create a strong safety culture by providing guidance and identifying the resources and equipment necessary to implement EHS management systems and compliance programs related to JLL scope of work at the Client locations. The EHS manager will advise the JLL management team on EHS issues, evaluate potential hazardous situations and environmental impacts, conduct accident investigations, and ensure JLL is compliant with all EHS regulatory and Client requirements and advance JLL safety culture at Client facilities.
- Provide leadership and support in the development and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs at the Client sites.
- Team with JLL Site Team and the account EHS Manager to establish EHS performance goals and reviews performance against those goals.
- Track and report EHS metrics and measure performance against key performance indicators. Establish necessary plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Direct the implementation of EHS Committees and site teams suitable to the site's needs.
- Develop and implement EHS qualification program to manage JLL service partners working at Client locations and under the JLL scope of work.
- Evaluate hazards on client sites for safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develop environmental, health and safety procedures and programs for JLL activities and monitors safety compliance to reduce risks.
- Develop inspection programs and establish regular inspection schedules.
- Identify training requirements and coordinate training sessions for EHS regulatory and Client training requirements.
- Establish record management and retention policy. Ensure required records are kept available in accordance with all regulatory and JLL requirements.
- Ensure EHS policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
- Assist the JLL Site Team in accident investigations and communication processes, including the identification of root causes using formal root cause analysis practices. Implement training and tools necessary to ensure that reports on EHS incidents and performance are submitted on a timely basis, and that corrective actions are taken.
- Assist the account EHS Manager on projects related to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain liaison with client EHS organization to ensure that EHS problems are identified and solutions coordinated.
- Maintain a collaborative partnership with Client EHS organization.
- Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives necessary to foster a strong EHS culture.
- Provide support to Client EHS Team by conducting selected EHS activities as agreed by JLL and Client EHS.
- Key Interactions:
- Internal: JLL Site Facility Management, JLL account EHS Manager, JLL Site Team, Account Manager, Operations Managers, Chief Engineers, WPS Managers, Technicians, JLL Risk Management
- Client: Client EHS Team at the Site
- External: EHS Related Regulatory Agencies, JLL Service Partners
- Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject. Master's degree or a professional designation (e.g. OHST, ASP, or CSP) is desirable.
- Broad based knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and Safety regulations.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with EHS compliance and management systems preferably within facility operations. EHS experience in biopharmaceutical, research or maintenance operations is highly desirable.
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills with both word processing and database application as well as Insdustry Safety tracking and logging applications.
- Ability to drive and inspect both indoor and outdoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- Must be able to travel (15%- 25%)
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.