Introduction About DuPont Electronics & Industrial
Our industry-leading innovations, deep materials science expertise, and best-in-class manufacturing make next-generation technology a reality for our customers.
We're pursuing new technologies and performance materials that enable your designs to be smaller, more complex, more reliable, and more powerful than you could ever imagine. DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Every day, we're solving our customers' biggest challenges and are honored to be their partner of choice.
Learn more about our Featured solutions here: https://www.dupont.com/about/our-businesses.htmlThe Role and Responsibilities
The DuPont Newark - Chemical & Mechanical Planarization Technology (CMPT) manufacturing and research site is seeking a motivated professional Environmental Specialist for its facility located in Newark, DE. The site employs approximately 600 DuPont employees and a large number of support contractors. The Site is a world class manufacturing facility providing consumables for the semi-conductor and electronic industries. Our successful candidate will be primarily responsible for satisfying the Site's environmental compliance obligations and identifying & driving continuous improvement programs. As a key member of the Site Environmental, Health and Safety Team, responsibilities will also include general support for Site EH&S programs and policies.Your Key Responsibilities;
Your Key Responsibilities;
- Serve as the technical expert on all matters relating to the site's air pollution control, water and waste infrastructure, associated regulatory compliance programs, and emissions.
- Prepare air permit applications including renewals and modifications.
- Develop air dispersion modeling using regulator-approved modeling programs.
- Interpret local, state and federal environmental regulations then develop and implement environmental compliance programs, inspections, and guidance documents to ensure site compliance.
- Verify accuracy of emission calculations and estimates for routine emissions as well as maintenance, startup and shutdown emissions.
- Maintain and submit accurate compliance reports and records.
- Develop and provide technical guidance and best practices to various departments regarding their responsibilities to the environmental program.
- Monitor and report environmental compliance metrics on program effectiveness to site leadership team and associated teams
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations during the design and installation phase of facilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Build effective relationships with regulatory bodies, laboratories, and service providers for regulatory compliance program.
- Host regulatory site visits and inspections.
- Drive incident investigations to identify root cause and corrective/preventive actions
- Conduct internal 1st Party Audits and Field Environmental Assessments to ensure compliance with DuPont Standards and Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Develop and deliver professional meeting presentations to stakeholders including regulators and other officials.
- Be a visual presence on the production floor and provide counsel, advice and support to other functions on all safety, health and environmental and security related matters.
- Ensure compliance with company and site policies.
- Supports the management of change (MOC) process as a change owner, subject matter specialist (safety) and change action owner.
- Conduct facility training sessions as it relates to Air, Water and Waste regulations to ensure compliance and enhanced awareness.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or a related Technical degree from an accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years applicable experience showing proficiency in air pollution permitting and compliance and/or multimedia environmental compliance audits, and environmental management systems, (preferred experience working in the state of Delaware).
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Superior technical writing abilities.
- Expert knowledge of federal, state, and local air regulations with emphasis on the Clean Air Act, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, Title V Permitting, Title VI Ozone Depleting Substances.
- Experience in air quality dispersion models and project management.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with contractors, co-workers, and other professionals.
- Ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and regulators.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.