Plant Name: Chicago - 101026
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale. Responsibilities:
- Lead all plant environmental, health and safety compliance and management system functions and activities; specifically, the implementation of Behavior Based Safety Program to improve overall EHS performance.
- Responsible for partnering with Ops and the Safety Committee to develop methods for keeping Safety Fresh and focused on employee engagement.
- Develop and implement EHS strategies to ensure compliance with various operating permits and regulatory compliance including ownership for leading all environmental reporting aspects of the plant.
- Participate in the engineering design of protective equipment or safety devices for machines during start up or new installation by applying psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls.
- Responsible for audits development to ensure regulatory compliance across the sites.
- Coordinate required OSHA training, lead and train employees in JSA's, risk assessments and other safety training and communication
- Interface with federal, state and local environmental and safety agencies on plant issues
- Managing and implementing compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), USEPA and State regulations in accordance with government and company requirements;
- Coordinating with site leadership at facilities to develop mutually beneficial solutions to complex environmental, health and safety challenges;
- Communicating effectively, championing and implementing change with a diverse set of internal and external customers;
- Interpreting laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implementing programs to comply.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Health & Safety or related program of study and a minimum of 5 years' experience in an EH&S position;
- Certifications in Environmental or Health & Safety related programs preferred;
- Experience administering safety training in accordance with OSHA regulations;
- Experience in OSHA record-keeping related to various programs including Lock out Tag Out, Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Injury Reporting and other related programs;
- Superior communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; systematic and objective evaluation of information consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; and mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively;
- Effective attention to detail with a calm and steady demeanor and a high degree of accuracy under pressure;
- Intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook;
- Experience with hazardous waste management and Clean Air Act reporting;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus;
- Ability to travel up to 30%;
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.