The Single-cell group in the I&I Precision Immunology Cluster at Sanofi is focused on delivering first-in-class medicines to patients by deconstructing the mechanisms of autoimmune disease into cellular building blocks and advancing first-in-class therapeutics for precision targeting of pathogenic cell types. Our efforts have achieved significant internal and external visibility and media presence.
We are seeking a highly competent, independent, proactive, driven and well-organized Principal Scientist to build on our present achievements and ensure our future success.
Location: Cambridge, MA
The ideal candidate will derive professional satisfaction from:
* Leveraging single-cell analysis to provide target and disease positioning rationale for drug discovery programs; developing strategies & leading efforts on novel target ID by combining single-cell analysis and functional validation assays
* Designing, performing and analyzing in-vitro and in-vivo mechanism of action studies to inform on efficacy, disease positioning and biomarker development; collaborating with academic, industry, and internal partners on disease-focused scientific studies to maximize the impact on internal projects and pipeline
* Leading and contributing to high-profile internal and external presentations and publications.
* S/he will have the ability to create and critically assess experimental and analytic workflows, clearly and consistently document results, and establish their relevance to key decision points in the drug discovery process. Opportunities to mentor interns and junior scientists may be available. The successful candidate will be able to think and function as a systems biologist, with a combination of wet/dry lab skills and mindset. The role will provide the opportunity for hands-on data analytics and laboratory experimentation driven by project needs.
* Ph.D. in Systems Biology or related discipline, with postdoctoral training at a solid academic institution and/or equivalent industry experience (exceptional candidates with the right background and skills may be considered right after Ph.D.).
* Broad experience with cell-based assays and molecular techniques such as primary cell isolation/culture, multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, qPRC, RNA and DNA isolation, immunoblot.
* Hands-on experience and/or extensive knowledge of single-cell experimental workflows (10X, InDrop, SeqWell, CITE/REAP-seq, etc) and sample preparation/preservation methods.
* Strong coding skills in R and/or python.
* Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with advanced single-cell data analysis workflows required (e.g. Seurat, SPRING).
* A track record of productivity, innovation and impact (publications, patents).
* Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and team skills; track record of success working collaboratively across disciplines.
What we offer:
* A combination of start-up mindset and big pharma stability.
* An academic spirit of curiosity and potential for direct impact on people's lives.
* An environment fostering individual growth, ensuring visibility and celebrating achievement.
* Flexible, goal-oriented work schedule, and excellent work-life balance, allowing you to thrive both professionally and personally.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.