Would you like to be part of a team that is transforming the world of protein therapeutics?
Resolute Bio, an emerging company based in Beverly, MA, is taking protein therapeutics to the next level! Using our novel peptide chemistry technology we leverage red blood cells as carriers for protein drugs. We believe this could dramatically reduce immunoreactivity to peptide and protein drugs and increase their functional lifespan in vivo! Come join an innovative, energetic, and fun team led by co-founder Dr. Brad Pentelute, world-renowned peptide chemist from MIT!
We are looking for a skilled and ambitious candidate driven by innovative chemistry while operating in a flexible fast-paced working environment. This role is an opportunity to join a team of experienced individuals in chemical and cell biology and solid expertise in peptide and organic chemistry. Title: Principal Scientist, Chemistry or Chemical BiologyPrimary Role/Duties
General duties will include interacting with lab members daily to meet short and long-term goals. The ideal candidate will work in chemical biology to design, build and test novel peptide and protein variants that selectively associate with red blood cells while remaining biologically active.
Specific duties include, but will not be limited to:
Qualifications and Skills
- Design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of red blood cell binding peptides (called RBC-Link) peptides and small molecules with a high degree of reliability, independence, and attention to detail.
- Functional testing of RBC-Link therapeutic protein conjugates
- Optimization of chemical synthesis from microgram to milligram range
- Manage 3rd party CRO testing of synthetic peptides
- Characterization of peptide binding properties to target proteins
- Develop experimental plans in conjunction with biological testing
- Contribute to publications and patent applications
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance.
- Comply with standard laboratory practices and company policies.
- Ph.D. with 3+ years of chemical biology or similar expertise.
- Track record of innovation through co-inventorship on issued patents or authorship of peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to learn quickly and to work independently and collaboratively with limited day-to-day direction.
- Team player with good communication skills, problem solving skills and self-motivated.
- Authorized to legally work in the US