At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, (WRA) we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 100 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to develop the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
We are currently seeking an experienced (10+ years of related professional experience), highly motivated Senior Environmental Scientist/Senior Planner
to join our team in either or Jacksonville or Tampa, Florida Offices. Prospective candidates with a strong technical background and experience are sought to support the growth of our Florida practice.
As an experienced Senior Environmental Scientist/Senior Planner at WRA, you will work with an established multidisciplinary team to support project development, environmental analysis/compliance, interagency coordination, and public outreach services for a wide variety of infrastructure projects in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Additionally, the Senior Environmental Scientist/Senior Planner will assist with the identification of new business opportunities including proposal development, presentations and technical scope/budget development.
- Leads NEPA environmental review for public infrastructure projects by conducting research, evaluating project alternatives, and preparing NEPA documents and technical reports
- Prepares NEPA documentation (compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act [CWA], Section 4(f) of the US Department of Transportation Act, and other related state and federal regulations)
- Coordinates with multidisciplinary team to ensure compliance on wide range of environmental disciplines (e.g., natural resources, socioeconomic, air, noise, cultural, tribal, etc.)
- Conducts Waters of the U.S. delineation and jurisdictional determinations
- Section 404 CWA permitting
- Assists with new business/proposal development and scope/budget preparation
- Manage, train and mentor technical staff
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, environmental planning/management, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience performing NEPA and permitting analysis, project development, or planning
- Previous experience working on projects that require compliance with state and/or federal regulations
- Demonstrated relationships with local, state, and federal public clients
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to successfully complete multiple projects on schedule and within budget under limited supervision
- Experience working with a diverse client base
- Willingness to travel
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Master's degree in Environmental Planning/Management, Environmental or Biological Sciences, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), Professional Engineer (PE), or similar certification
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual, paid holidays, Healthcare Benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.