I.M. Systems GroupLocation:
US-MD-College ParkJob ID:
I M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG) is seeking candidates to support the Environmental Modeling Center (EMC) of the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). The support will be on the unification of marine data assimilation activities working towards building a coupled data assimilation system between ocean, sea-ice, waves and eventually the atmosphere. There will also be coordination with and development of Joint Effort for Data assimilation Integration (JEDI) efforts.Responsibilities
- Development of marine data assimilation activities under a common framework for EMC.
- Synchronize data assimilation efforts across the earth system components to work toward building a coupled data assimilation system for use with the Unified Forecast System.
- Coordinate with the marine observations processing team to facilitate the use of observations into the marine DA system as well as lead the development effort towards building Integrated Observations Data Access (IODA) framework of JEDI.
- Develop and maintain observation operators for marine applications within the Unified Forward Operator (UFO) framework of JEDI.
- Act as a liaison between EMC and JEDI-core team to facilitate and transition research and development.
- Develop timelines and schedules for transition to operational implementation as well as scientific benchmark evaluations.
PhD, MS or relevant experience in Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, Computer Science, or other related physical or mathematical sciences.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify(US Citizen must live in US for 3-5 years prior to application)(Please indicate in your cover letter).To Apply
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Data assimilation, Meteorology/Oceanography
- Developing and testing numerical environmental prediction codes in a high-performance computing environment
- Object oriented programming in Fortran/C++/Python.
- Experience with developing and running complex jobs and processing large volumes of numerical data in a high-performance computing system as well as using advanced statistical analysis tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a team environment and communicate effectively using good oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred skills in technical leadership, including the ability to review development results from junior and peer scientists/analysts, and lead task development, ability to manage task priorities, ability to translate development requirements into achievable tasks and workloads, as well as ability to make sound science-based judgement, assign workload, supervise development, monitor progress, and communicate and resolve issues. +
Please apply online at https://careers-imsg.icims.com . In your cover letter, please indicate the following information:
1) Timeline of availability
2) Citizenship Status
3) Salary requirements for considerations
NOTE: Provide three References
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran and Disability friendly.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision