Cell Microsystems, Inc, is a developer and manufacturer of innovative products for single cell workflows. The Company's lead products, the CellRaft AIR ® System and CytoSort ® consumables, enable multiple discovery applications across a range of single cell methodologies, including CRISPR, ‘track and trace' clonal propagation, genomics, stem cells, and organoids. First launched in 2018, the Company's products have been purchased by leading academic, government, and pharma research organizations in the U.S. and Europe.
We are looking for an adept scientific communicator that can leverage scientific curiosity and technical skills to support internal and external application development. You will work with cutting edge technology with a wide range of applications. This position is ideal for a candidate that can directly support customers, while also contributing to scientific discovery and development of novel workflows. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generates use-case data, application notes, and protocols for a variety of cell-based assay workflows (CRISPR, stem cells, gene-editing, 3D culture, organoid, etc.)
- Participates in analyzing data and interpreting results.
- Assists in educating customers and designing/troubleshooting customer-specific applications
- May travel to customer sites or conferences for demonstrations and training
- Works independently and as part of a cross functional team in the field and in-house
- Support multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Stay up to date with the current scientific literature
- Communicates with users to enhance their experience and identify new areas for product development
- May provide guidance, training or coordination for others.
- May lead project related activities.
Additional desirable areas of expertise:
- BS with 4+ years research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- MS with 2+ years research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques: DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, cellular biology methods (CRISPR gene editing), and analytical testing
- Experience with fluorescence-based microscopy and image analysis
- Confident scientific communication skills, outstanding customer orientation
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse, dynamic interdisciplinary team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional maturity, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary organization, protocol writing, and data analysis skills
- Strong initiative complemented with a sense of accountability, sense of urgency and adaptability
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Next generation sequencing
- Flow cytometry
- Single-cell based applications
- Advanced cell biology models (3D, primary, iPSCs, T-cells etc)
Cell Microsystems is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Cell Microsystems will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Cell Microsystems via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Cell Microsystems. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Cell Microsystems as a result of the referral or through other means.