The Senior EH&S Specialist applies strong understanding of processes, procedures and resources to drive projects and will implement business and process improvements within EH&S. The role requires general responsibilities associated with the EH&S field such as safety, industrial hygiene, biosafety, radiation, chemical hygiene, emergency response, ergonomics, training, or construction, and there will be a strong focus of this work within an R&D animal research work environment. For our EHS team, no task is too big or too small if it contributes to the health and safety of our employees!
A typical day might include the following:
- Executes EH&S-based tasks employing niche validated experience and developed, focused business expertise
- Provides strategic insight and planning related to regulatory compliance and program implementation
- Supervises and performs industrial hygiene monitoring of laboratory and support personnel to interpret data and resolve potential exposure to hazardous chemicals; ensures completeness of data
- Responsible for accident rate remediation; completes accident reports, conducts accident investigations and investigates trends and adjusts department responses accordingly
- Develops and leads programs, initiatives, and activities for the EH&S department
- Collaborates with and assists in driving communication between key partners and with other team members
- May begin to supervise a team of employees performing EH&S tasks concerning various programs
- Provides EH&S-related requirements and recommendations during planning, design and construction during construction and renovation projects
- May be responsible for an aspect of the EH&S field such as safety, industrial hygiene, biosafety, radiation, chemical hygiene, emergency response, ergonomics, environmental compliance, sustainability, training, or construction, etc.
This role might be for you if you:
- Have the ability to prepare and conduct presentations of technical EHS information concerning specific projects.
- You have outstanding written and verbal skills; exceptional analytical skills; technical knowledge of workings of equipment and laboratory operations
- Ability to learn specialized software applications and specialized safety and industrial hygiene equipment.
- You can explain complicated information and effectively communicate the pros and cons or alternatives to consider
- You can lead multiple projects within a collaborative team under limited supervision
- You have strong project management skills; an ability to handle projects with minimal direction and can act as a liaison between contractors and external counterparts
- Work with integrity; flexibility; organization; and attention to detail
To be considered for this role you must hold a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years proven experience working within an EH&S arena. An advanced degree and/or certifications (Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager and/or Medical Emergency Technician) are a plus. We highly prefer background and experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical industry within an R&D or animal research laboratory.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.