Scismic is supporting the growth of a biotech company pioneering commercial applications of the environmental microbiome.
We are in search of a Research Scientist to join our team!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and planning studies, analyzing and interpreting data, and will be a key contributor our healthy buildings product development. Working directly with microbiologists, lab scientists, and data scientists, you will bring epidemiology expertise to optimize and validate indoor environmental quality assessments and design novel ways to capture pathogen dynamics in indoor environments. This role will require some time spent working with the team our HQ located in San Francisco. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to become a key player in a cutting edge, fast paced, venture-backed biotech start-up. Qualifications
- PhD in Biostatistics/Statistics/Epidemiology/Ecology or equivalent with 2+ years relevant work experience
- Able to develop creative statistical solutions to complex problems, balancing statistical and scientific rigor with pragmatic application
- Expertise in working with diverse data sources (e.g., patient-reported outcomes, social determinants of health, molecular assays)
- Understanding of different virus and pathogen detection assays (i.e., qPCR, sequencing)
- Broad and thorough understanding of statistical principles and experiment methodology and relevant statistical tools and packages, preferably python
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL, is a plus
- Desire to explore and evaluate promising solutions to the problems at hand
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a diverse team environment
- Customer focus approach to problem solving
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with environmental health and safety professionals and internal partners