Position: Scientist 2 (Industrial Hygiene)
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Iselin, NJ or New York City, NY
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.Your Responsibilities as an Industrial Hygiene Scientist 2:
Why you'll love working for us:
- Collect noise, water, air, and/or building material samples.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Industrial Hygiene Assessments
- Personal / area chemical exposure monitoring
- Noise dosimetry / sound level measurements
- Indoor environmental quality & air monitoring
- Building material sample collection
- Water Intrusion and Mold Assessments
- Moisture mapping
- Visible suspect biological growth assessments
- Mold sampling and clearance protocols
- Asbestos Assessments
- Asbestos sampling
- Abatement project monitor and oversight
- Lead-Based Paint Inspections
- Lead sampling
- Clearance testing
- Perform Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) as needed.
- Support large scale Emergency Response projects such as hurricanes, severe storms and comfortable traveling when needed.
- Ensure safe work practices on all project work.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
What we're looking for:
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Paid time-off and holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Other perks and incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- BS in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- 2-5 years of experience with industrial hygiene and building materials surveys/sampling.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and access to reliable transportation are required.
- Comfortable traveling 30% of your time to surrounding states such as New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with air, noise, asbestos, mold and lead sampling.
- Experience conducting asbestos surveys and overseeing asbestos/mold abatements.
- Experience with environmental health and safety inspections and audits preferred.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- AHERA Certification for Asbestos Building Inspector preferred
- New York State, New York City, and/or City of Philadelphia mold and asbestos certifications strongly preferred.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX
and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. A diverse pool of candidates is strongly encouraged to apply.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.