Job DescriptionBioPhase Solutions
specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Associate II, Mycoplasma
to work for a leading Greater Los Angeles area pharmaceutical company.Summary:
The QCMA II will perform lab assays for lot release and stability testing with an emphasis on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) methods and/or rapid technologies, participate in sample preparation and aliquoting, complete investigations, and support operations such as lab equipment preventive maintenance, media lot release testing, supply inventory management, and general support tasks in order to allow the lab to continuously operate. The position will also support method/SOP revisions, method transfers, and lab investigations. The incumbent may also support facility environmental and utility monitoring (EM) support of sterile product manufacturing, including sampling and testing of the collected samples.Responsibilities:
- Raw Material, In Process, Lot Release, and Stability Testing and Report Drafting. Reviewing of data, trending, and applicable investigations.
- Responsible for routine sample testing under GMP or non-GMP modes, laboratory maintenance, and assist in method qualification/validations. Performs Environmental and Utilities Monitoring and Microbiological testing in support of manufacturing cleanroom facility.
- Responsible for laboratory maintenance to include cleaning and sanitization of laboratory equipment, laboratory restocking of supplies, and inventory.
- Assist with the drafting of SOPs and work instructions, data entry, and reporting
- And other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors/Masters in Microbiology or scientific related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience within a cGMP Quality Control setting, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with an emphasis in quality control testing
- 2+ years of direct experience in PCR methods is required.
- Experience in cGMP aseptic processing facility is a plus
- Experience working in a lab, with strong lab skill knowledge (pipetting, dilutions, titrations, etc.)
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA, and USP regulations and a basic understanding of statistics.
- Experience in aseptic processing a plus
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to aseptically gown/PPE for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas for extended periods of time within a restrictive movement. This will include standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, etc.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website at www.biophaseinc.com for additional job opportunities!!!