LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Located in La Porte, TX, the role of Environmental Engineer - Unit Contact will be responsible for providing multi-media environmental support to Syngas and Methanol production units with an emphasis on Texas and Federal air regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities
* This Environmental Unit Contact role is a single point of contact to provide guidance on compliance with air, waste and water regulations and permits to Operations, Technical and Maintenance teams who support manufacturing units.
* Partner with Air Permit program owner in obtaining air permit amendments, PBR's, Standard Permits for the unit by supplying needed information, identifying permitting opportunities and developing permit strategies.
* Ensure water permit samples are obtained and threats to water compliance are identified and mitigated.
* Participate in unit morning production update meetings.
* Lead Environmental Audit in unit as needed as part of HIT audit process.
* Complete environmental review and approval step of Management Of Change process.
* Ensure waste management procedures in unit are being followed and the site waste engineer is aware of changes to waste generation or management in unit.
* Walk through unit and utility areas routinely to identify compliance concerns and to develop strong working relationships with operators and contractors.
* On a monthly basis ensure air emissions are calculated and compliance records are reviewed and maintained.
* Complete weekly review of HSE incidents in incident tracking database and ensure Title V deviations are identified and properly classified and ensure any emission events have proper records in place.
* Respond to agency requests for information as needed.
* Prepare and submit the following reports for Syngas and Methanol units: Semi-annual Title V deviation reports, NSPS Db, HON, Boiler MACT. Also, develop deep knowledge of HON, NSPS Db, 30TAC115 and 30TAC117 and certain engine rules as they apply to sources in assigned units.
* Serve in On-Call rotation for environmental release reporting making agency notifications for release events.
* Ensure requirements in Agreed Orders or Consent Decrees are effectively implemented by deadlines.
* Represent the site in trade organizations and best practice groups.
* Identify, initiate and develop projects that improve environmental performance.
* Review environmental performance data each month with Operations and Technical managers and initiate continuous improvement activities.
* Occasionally present HSE topics to new employees and unit personnel as needed.
* Develop Environmental portion of Turnaround HSE plans for Syngas/Methanol units.
* Help develop HSE budget for environmental expenses in operating area.
* Four year applicable Engineering or Science degree.
* Minimum of 10 years of environmental experience working in a petrochemical manufacturing facility or refinery. Syngas or Methanol plant experience a plus.
* Demonstrated experience interacting with a regulatory agency.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Must be organized and meticulous at documenting and recordkeeping.
* Ability to understand petrochemical processes and equipment, base knowledge of chemistry and math.
* Microsoft Suite skills with an emphasis in Excel.
* Have the ability to organize and prioritize work, facilitate meetings, give presentations and have strong aptitude to utilize technology to bring efficiency to the compliance management systems.
* Must be able to establish long-range plans with interim milestones for deliverables on projects.
* Be able to foresee problems, identify proactive measures that can be taken and have the capability to plan the work and execute the work.
* Own decisions and outcomes.
* Must be able to work as part of a team.
* Provide great customer service to internal and external customers.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston