Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel, adaptive and controllable cell therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development.Primary Objective:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with a proven track record of scientific excellence and project leadership in oncology research to join our Cell Biology team within the Research Department. You will have a direct impact on the Arcellx drug pipeline, both as a project/team leader and a lab-based contributor. You will work with an experienced cross-functional team responsible for target discovery and validation, lead ID and optimization, translational studies and new technology development. You will bring your theoretical and practical expertise in cell therapy, immuno-oncology, and/or cancer drug discovery to lead pipeline projects, establish program priorities and work with a cross-functional team to deliver pre-clinical datasets to support pipeline progression. In the lab, you will develop, design, conduct and analyze in vitro and in vivo data to assess the function and mechanism of novel cell therapies. As a result-oriented self-starter, you will have a strong commitment to teamwork and reliability.Preferred Qualifications:
Main Accountabilities: Specific backgrounds of interest are:
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of research experience within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Clear demonstration of leadership in drug discovery
Essential duties and required proficiencies include, but are not limited to:
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cells, alternative cell-based cancer therapeutics, or the investigation of T-cell biology
- Solid Tumor Immunology (Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes, Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells, Tumor Associated Macrophages, Regulatory T-cells)
- The use of biologics in anti-cancer therapy
- You will be expected to both lead and contribute to one or more pipeline programs, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure the timely generation and dissemination of critical program data to enable data-driven decisions.
- You will be expected to help drive technology initiatives within the company and propose/vet new targets to potentially be added as pipeline projects.
- You will contribute to developing program strategy and will be responsible for the delivery of key pre-clinical data that support program progression.
- You will be expected to work independently and collaboratively, and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion for yourself and potentially direct reports.
- You may manage and mentor direct report.
- As a highly organized, self-motivated individual with a strong background in cancer biology, you will stay up to date with relevant technical and intellectual scientific expertise in tumor biology and cancer modelling, particularly as it relates to CAR-T cell biology and have a genuine passion for this field of research.
- Expertise in manipulating immune cells, particularly T cells, including purification, transfection/transduction, activation and expansion.
- Expertise in the assessment of T-cell phenotypes, senescence, or exhaustion
- Proficiency with complex immune cell assays including multiparameter flow cytometry, in vitro cell based assays (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, degranulation), live cell analysis, and multiplex assays.
- Coordinating/liaising with contract research organizations (CROs)
- Effective and timely communication of results and relevant scientific literature
- Creative, analytical, and critical thinking focused on advancement of corporate goals
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to teamwork, regardless of job title
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,032.00 - $172,747.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- How many years of experience do you have with the engineering of novel cell based therapies?
- How many years of experience do you have in cancer therapeutics?
Work Location: One location