A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Waterloo, IA area.
location: Waterloo, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $28.57 - 38.35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This role will manage and implement urgent supplier resourcing projects related to capacity to ensure consistent supply to Waterloo.
- SMS will act as project manager to ensure the resourcing projects remain on time and implement with no disruption to current production.
- This role will also support day to day activities related to protoype requests and/or spot buys to support production needs.
- SMS will ensure accurate direct material forecast in the My Projects system for each project owned.
Basic skills needed:
- 4-year degree in any Business-related field (manager prefers candidates with 2 years of Supply Chain work experience)
- Previous Purchasing experience.
- Familiar with SAP
- Basic business financial acumen
- Must have great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with quoting and rewarding parts (project planning with milestones)
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think strategically as processes will require critical thought due to variability in the projects
- Previous procurement experience preferred
Experience level: Experienced
skills: Supply Chain
Purchasing / Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.