Job DescriptionJob Description
Gryphon Environmental is seeking a full-time highly motivated individual for the position of Area Environmental Protection Specialist in Michigan/Ohio, to provide environmental compliance support to U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) Centers. Primary responsibilities include Hazardous Waste (HW) compliance (characterizing, labeling, handling, and disposal), spill prevention, Hazardous Material (HM) compliance, HM and HW training, aboveground storage tanks, storm water management, performing facility and operational site assessments, and corrective action development, drafting installation corrective action plans, and root cause determination. Broad based working knowledge of Environmental regulation is desired (CAA, CWA, SDWA, RCRA, NEPA, EPCRA, lead, radon, asbestos).Essential Functions
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Perform internal Environmental assessments of assigned facilities and perform site assistance visits to ensure implementation/efficacy of the internal corrective action program (ICAP)
- Coordinate and oversee hazardous waste turn-in activities.
- Provide general environmental support activities to the USAR and serve as the technical point of contact for environmental agencies, organizations, contractors, or other executive agents of the USAR
- Provide all technical assistance necessary to fully support programs and associated projects, including research, analysis, development, coordination, and management under the direction of the USAR's environmental staff.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- BS degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or other related or other science related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in environment management or related field. Entry-level candidates (2-4 yrs of experience) will be considered after primary candidates.
- Self-starters who will take ownership of environmental affairs at multiple facilities and are able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to environmental management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Confidence, willingness, and ability to conduct presentations and provide training sessions to small and large groups of people.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, and willing and able to learn new software systems specific to the USAR.
- Environmental registration or certification, such as CHMM, CES, REM, REP, etc. are a plus.
- Experience working with the federal government or military are a plus.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Army background investigation.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Must have access to a reliable automobile - use of personal automobile is mandatory for this position.
- Must be willing to travel. Travel constitutes approximately 50% of the job, primarily within the assigned region, but also includes some travel outside of the assigned region.
Company DescriptionGryphon Environmental, LLC is a full service environmental management firm specializing in program management, consulting and operational support services for federal clients. We are extremely passionate about leadership and serving as instruments of inspiration, motivation and change and look for candidates that share our values. We offer a robust benefits package that includes 100 percent employer paid medical/dental/life insurance as well as an employer matching 401(k) plan for our employees. Please visit our website for more information: www.gryphon-env.com