JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
* Perform microbial and chemical analysis of plant water and air and perform microbial load testing on a variety of products.
* Prepare biological indicators for sterilization.
* Prepare and maintain laboratory media and solutions.
* Prepare and maintain accurate documents and records pertaining to assigned testing and projects.
* Review and update Procedures.
* Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function.
* Ability to speak, read and write English.
* Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze and report environmental conditions for various manufacturing operations.
* Works with microbiologist, assisting in testing and general laboratory functions.
* Interacts directly with production personnel.
* Execute the following routine laboratory procedures: endotoxin (water and product), environmental viable and particulate testing in general manufacturing and clean rooms, bioburdens, water collection, review particulate, TOC/conductivity charts on water, Biological Indicator (BI) placement and packaging.
* Operate all lab equipment. Read microbial plates.
* Trend data (environmentals, water, and bioburdens)
* Execute numerous validation protocols to support sterilization, machine and room expansion in the manufacturing and clean rooms
* Assist in writing and revising lab procedures and laboratory non-conformances review notices Other duties as assigned.
* Preferred Associates Degree in Biology or Science related field.
* 2 years Lab experience preferred.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
* $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
* Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
* Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
* Competitive pay
* Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
* Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
* Adoption assistance
* 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
* Basic life and AD&D provided
* Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
* Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company's receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD's Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/ [https://jobs.bd.com/]
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION
USA NE - Columbus (East)