For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are looking for an organized, driven, team-orientated individual with a strong work ethic and great communication skills to join our team here in the Molecular Biology department at Charles River Laboratories in Wayne, Pa.
We currently have an open position for a Laboratory Technician-II to join the Sequencing & Cell Line Authentication team within the Molecular Biology Department and work in a fast-paced cGMP regulatory lab environment alongside a wonderful group of people. The candidate will be expected to have experience working in the laboratory setting, analyzing data and communicating results and have strong communication skills with strict attention to detail. cGMP experience is a plus, but not necessarily required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
* Perform laboratory activities necessary for molecular biology testing including but not limited to:
* Reagent preparation including buffers,
* chemical solutions,
* complex mixtures and media preparations according to standard test methods;
* Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including:
* work within a biological safety cabinet;
* participate in the general maintenance of laboratory equipment;
* conduct aseptic growth and/or manipulation of bacteria, yeast, virus, and mammalian cells;
* make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data,
* summarize data for reports,
* document all activities performed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP);
* Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, tests, and procedures including but not limited to:
* isolation and analysis of DNA and RNA,
* PCR, RT-PCR,
* restriction endonuclease digestion,
* agarose gel electrophoresis and/or sequencing.
* Write routine GMP reports.
* Report results of experiments and procedures and analyze data.
* Efficiently organize and schedule daily assigned tasks to meet the communicated deadlines.
* Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
* Follow all SOPs, STMs, and cGMP guidelines as they relate to specific tasks.
* Heightened awareness for the role of cGMP in daily activities.
* Assist in training of subordinate personnel on known tests and procedures.
* Work well and communicate with other members of the team to successfully complete a common goal.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in biology or related discipline.
* 1 to 2 years industry related experience.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Knowledge of cGMPs or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biological industries is strongly preferred.
* Must possess knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques and have had experience working in a laboratory setting.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain communication across functional groups.
* Must have strong attention to detail in order to succeed in the cGMP environment.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively within a team or one on one setting.
* Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
* Knowledge working with Bioinformatic software a plus.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.