ICF seeks an Environmental Scientist to work within our Survey, Policy, Health, Environment, Regulation, and Economics (SPHERE) team. This position will primarily support our environmental work with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT).
What you'll do:
* Perform research, data collection, and quantitative data analysis in support of a broad range of technical projects for EPA, including performing research, Internet, and database searches; compiling, organizing, and synthesizing data and information; and preparing graphs, charts, tables, and figures displaying results.
* Provide general support for the preparation of a wide range of client reports and work products.
* Provide on-site environmental program support to MDOT staff in the Baltimore area, as needed.
* Assist MDOT with data compilation and analysis; developing environmental compliance guidance, reports, and presentations; and using MDOT's database and information management system.
* Provide technical support to assist with environmental compliance obligations and inspections at MDOT facilities and coordinate with various MDOT business units, as needed.
* Provide logistical and administrative support for the development and delivery of technical training courses, including for the production and shipping of training materials and supplies.
What you'll need:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental science or related technical field.
* 2-3 years of experience supporting projects in the environmental area, including environmental compliance auditing, site characterization, remediation, and redevelopment.
* Knowledge of federal and state environmental cleanup and compliance programs (e.g., Superfund, RCRA, Brownfields).
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable.
Professional skills and experience were looking for:
* Proficient in conducting quantitative analyses using Microsoft Access and Excel; experience with GIS software is desirable.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with diverse project teams and clients.
* Ability to work on client site in Baltimore, MD at times preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)